Sunday, March 1, 2009

Saturday 5

Been a while since I posted here. Life gets weird for me after the holidays. I just hibernate and do home improvement projects. Mmmhhmm, I know. Don't even say it! I still write my gratitude down in my paper journal, but some how the time never is there to translate it to this blog.

1. For a call saying Sweet Pea's blood tests came back looking really good.
(For those of you who don't read my other blog, Pea is facing some surgery on Tuesday. I'm worried sick, and all prayers and good thoughts said on our behalf are appreciated.)

2. For my new sofas! Gaaaaa I love them.
After 17 years with the old ones, they are a welcome change!

3. For the kindness of a stranger.
I was waiting at my vet, because Pea needed to get some blood work done. A man near me asked me a question about why we were there, and I kinda melted into tears. When we were done and I went outside, he was there waiting. He asked if I minded if he prayed over Pea, and of course I said I didn't mind at all. He talked about losing his dog at Christmas this past year. He was originally from Oklahoma and had the cutest accent. His voice and prayer was just very soothing to me.

4. For my son, who had a birthday this weekend, and reminded me again about what life is all about.

5. For my home.
In this time of uncertainty for so many, I can still call it mine.

5 comments:

Noelle Dunn.... A Poet in Progress said...

Yay for Pea, and the kindness of a stranger. :)

Michele said...

Very nice blog...Thanks for stopping by mine
Peace and Hugs
Michele

Anonymous said...

You are a dear person! You even let strangers pray for your pet. That is sweet and I'm guessing it helped.

Ron said...

Hi Vixen!

Just wanted to stop by and say HI, and to thank you for stopping by my blog earlier.

I SO know how you feel about Pea, because I had two cats (whom I adored). So glad to hear that the test came back looking good!

I loved reading your about me. I feel similar about many of the things you shared.

Nice to meet you!

Shania said...

Nice blog! I am assuming that Pea already had surgery. I hope everything went well. I send you my best wishes and prayers.