
1. For the beauty of nature. We had an ice storm, that left us without power, and forced our Christmas celebration to be a wonderful deep dish pizza enjoyed in the glow of a gazillion candles!
2. For a roof over my head I can call my own. This bitterly cold night I know there are people struggling to stay warm on the streets, and my heart breaks for each of them.
3. For warm cuddly down quilts to snuggle in while we played Monopoly by candle light without heat!
4. For friends who don't run out when things don't go as planned. They anticipated a night of grilled steaks and lobster tails, great wine and Christmas movies. Instead they were greeted to a cold house, lit only by candles. One called for a pizza and another drove to pick it up, and we enjoyed the wine and the night anyway. I love y'all sooooo much for the amazing hearts that beat inside each of you!
5. For electricity, in the face of this weekend storm, as sporadic as it may be! We have an hour or two of it, and them we lose it again, so we just taken advantage of it while it is gracing us with its presence!

2 comments:
What a beautiful picture and a beautiful post. I love this blog.
I love the gratitude theme. Even though I'm a million miles away from where you're at I feel a kindred spirit with trying to see the good side of things.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment