Thursday, September 25, 2008

A weed is but an unloved flower - Ella Wheeler Wilcox



1. For my ability to see the flowers, when others see only weeds. These adorable daisies were growing in and around some old car bumpers. They make me smile every time I pass them. They are just there....happily growing where they have rooted. Someone saw me photographing them one day, and asked me why I was taking pictures of weeds. I replied I thought they were beautiful. They shook their head and walked away. I thought how sad their life must be....

2. The way Sweet Pea rests her head on my tummy when I read in bed.

3. My ability to loose myself on the floor of my shower and converse with God.

4. The last of the summer breeze coming through my window as I sleep. It's so nice when I can finally shut the ac off and just sleep with all the windows open.

5. Friends. New, old, those I haven't met yet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Pea often appears in your list, she must be very special.

Anonymous said...

Hi, how are you? I am sending you this comment, because I am serching for blogger friends, and your site is interesting to me. I have an art blog here in San Diego, and I am curious if you would become my freind? Are you up to it?
I hope to see you soon on my art blog, and take care,
Sincerely,
Jesse

vixen kitten said...

Tall guy: She is! I'd be lost without her. She completely owns my heart.

Jesse: I had a chance to look at your work, and I loved it. Especially your photos. I'd be happy to be your friend.